Detail pictures…some people really love them and some people don’t really see the point in them! No matter what though, I always capture a few detail pictures and people are appreciative of it! I feel like when you think of wedding pictures, you think of the pictures of you and your partner, or the ceremony, or first look pictures. But the detail pictures are a part of your story too! In the moment it may not seem like a big deal to have pictures of the invitation suite you designed or the florals you chose, but those are purposeful decisions that you took! To me, it’s my job to capture these images so you can go back and look at them in the future with fondness. Plus there’s just so much pretty out there in the world! You can even order samples from places like Minted to get an idea of what you want!
Tips and Tricks to get the best detail pictures
I’m definitely not saying you need to invest in a large fancy invitation suite unless you want to. Today I’m talking more about the tips and tricks that I use to make sure that any invitation suite looks great! So without further ado, here they are!
- Ask for extra florals or greenery from your florist! Especially if your florist is setting up on site they often will have an extra stem or two that I can use when photographing your invitation suite and other details. Extra florals really do a great job of tying the details to the rest of the day, and they’re just so pretty!
- If you don’t have a big invitation suite, think of other details you could include! Of course you’re gonna include your jewelry, but what about a book that is special to you all, or the socks you’re going to wear that day, or the perfume you’ll be wearing! There are less a little things you might want to remember to help round out the composition of the detail shots.
- Make sure to have everything in one place ahead of time. I always send out an email to my couples reminding them of this, but it’s great so that you don’t have to worry about getting things together when I arrive on your wedding day. It’s also a nice way to make sure you have everything you want included ahead of time!
- Get a fancy ring box if you want! I usually bring one, but if you want a ring box to be featured in the pictures, order one on amazon! They don’t have to be very expensive to look nice!
Here is a list of common details that I photograph to get you started brainstorming!
- Invitation suite
- Jewelry (rings, necklace etc)
- Hair pieces
PS- If you want to reach out and find out more about my wedding packages, click here!